Dr. Stelios Petrou
Special Teaching Staff
Telephone: +357 2684 3304
Dr Stelios Petrou holds a PhD from the Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences. He trained in pedagogical at Marasleio. He is a graduate of Educational Schools, and the Department of Political Science and International Relations at Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences. He served in Primary Education in various positions [Teacher, Assistant Director, Director and Inspector of Schools]. He was director of the Office of Program Development and Coordinator of the training Centres of the Ministry of Education and Culture. He is a member of the Council of Antiquities and the Institute of International Relations at Panteion University. He taught for several years at a university in the School of Journalism and Sciences of Education. From May 2012 he belongs to the faculty of the Neapolis University Pafos. He participated in many scientific conferences and has reviewed the operations related to education, lifelong education and training of foreign language speakers. He is the author of four books and has published articles in newspapers and magazines, relating to sociopolitical issues.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- The Cyprus Education – As a process of conflict – setting the Cyprus Problem [dissertation], ed. Giourdas, Athens 2001.
- Schools without walls, Eds. Giourdas, Athens 2010 [see. book review]
- The Flight of the Eagle [historical autobiography], ed. Negkresko, Larnaca 2005
- The education of foreign language speakers [in press]
- He has authored numerous articles related to education, politics, human rights, etc. which were published in magazines and in print or electronic media.