Dr. Andreas Hadjixenophontos
Telephone: +357 2684 3413
Dr. Andreas Hadjixenophontos is an Assistant Professor of Accounting, Banking and Finance at NUP. He received a B.Sc. degree in Accounting & Finance, an M.Sc. in European Studies and a Ph.D. in Economic History, all from the London School of Economics. His areas of specialization are Accounting & Finance and Economic History. His teaching interests are in the areas of Accounting, Finance and Economics and he has taught in various universities. His current research interests are in the field of Applied economics, Financial Engineering and co-operative banking. For a number of years, he worked for Price Waterhouse in London as audit manager of a portfolio of clients that included a number of top UK Public companies. He has also held top managerial positions in the co-operative and investment banking sector of Cyprus. Dr Hadjixenophontos is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- Christodoulou-Volos C. and Hadjixenophontos A. (2014), “An Unobserved Components Model for U.S. Real GDP,” The Cyprus Journal of Science, forthcoming.
- Andreas Hadjixenophontos (1996), Identifying and combating obstacles to inter-co-operative co-operation in Cyprus, The world of co-operative enterprise.
- Christodoulou-Volos C. and Hadjixenophontos A. (2013), “Calendar Anomalies in the London Stock Exchange: A Re-examination” Global Journal of Finance and Economic Management (GJFEM), Accepted for Publication.
- Christodoulou-Volos C., and Hadjixenophontos A., “The Relationship between Real GDP and Unemployment in Cyprus: An Unobserved Components Model Approach”. Empirica, Submitted for Publication
- Andreas Hadjixenophontos, “The effect of the 2008-2013 banking crises on co-operative banking – revisiting Emelianoff’s”, Journal of co-operative studies, Submitted for publication.
- Andreas Hadjixenophontos, “Cooperative banking as an alternative to nationalised banks”, Journal of co-operative studies, Submitted for publication.