Dr. John Politis
Associate Professor of Management
Telephone: +357 2684 3331
Web site: www.jpolitis.com
Dr. John Politis is an Associate Professor of Management at Neapolis University, Pafos. Professor Politis holds a Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Management from the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia. He also holds a Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Management from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; a Diplom-Ingenieur-Mechanical (German equivalent to M.S. degree) from Aristotelion University of Thessaloniki, Greece; a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from the University of Melbourne, Australia; a Graduate Certificate on Online Education and Training from University of London; and a Certificate of Technology in Aircraft Engineering from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia. He regularly publishes peer reviewed academic papers in quality journals and his research output is presented at refereed Conferences. His research on leadership, team work, knowledge management and innovation has been acknowledged internationally as he is the recipient of Literati Club Excellence Awards for his outstanding work. He is currently a member of a number of editorial boards, including The Leadership and Organisational Development Journal and the Knowledge Management Research and Practice Journal.
Before taking up this position, Professor Politis was an Executive MBA faculty for the Centre of Excellence for Applied Research and Training, and a Pioneering Faculty of Business and Engineering Management programs at the Higher Colleges of Technology in the United Arab Emirates. He was also a lecturer and consultant at the University of Technology Sydney; University of Western Sydney; Central Queensland University, and Macquarie Graduate School of Management in Australia. In 2004 he won the “Teaching Excellence Award” from the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) based in USA, and in 2008 he was elected “Faculty of the Year” of Dubai Men’s College. Professor Politis has also spent more than 18 years in Australia and Europe in a wide range of managerial roles. He has been elected a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Australia; a Fellow of the Institution of Professional Engineers, NZ; Associate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management; a Member of the American Management Association; Chartered Professional Engineer of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers; Chartered Professional Engineer–European Federation of National Engineering Associations; and Chartered Professional Engineer–Technical Chamber of Greece.
Professor Politis brings a world of professional and academic experience to the Neapolis University team. He is the recipient of a number of industry and academic awards, and his ability to bring this experience to the benefit of his students has been widely recognised.
- PhD in Management (Business Leadership), Graduate School of Business, University of Technology, Sydney, 2001
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Aristotelion University of Thessaloniki, 1988
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Melbourne, 1984
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- Self-leadership behavioural-focused strategies and team performance: The mediating influence of job satisfaction, The Leadership and Organizational Development Journal, 27, 3, 203 – 216, 2006.
- Dispersed leadership predictor of the work environment for creativity and productivity, European Journal of Innovation Management, 8, 2, 182-204, 2006.
- The influence of managerial power and credibility on knowledge acquisition attributes, The Leadership and Organizational Development Journal, 26, 3, 197-214, 2005.
- Politis, J. D. and Politis, D. J. (2016) “The relationship between an online synchronous learning environment and knowledge acquisition skills and traits: The Blackboard Collaborate experience”, Electronic Journal of e-learning, Vol. 14, Issue 3, pp. 204-222, ISSN: 1479-4403, It can be found at http://www.ejel.org/volume14/issue3.
- Politis J. D. (2016) “Do female managers cultivate more ethical leadership practices? An investigation on agency problems”, in the proceedings of the in the proceedings of The 4th International Conference on Management, Leadership and Governance (ICMLG 2016), pp. 264-270, Saint Petersburg State University of Economics, St. Petersburg, Russia, 14-15 April.