Mr. Michalis Sioulas
Special Teaching Staff
Telephone: +357 2684 3509
Mr. Michalis Sioulas holds a Master of Science in Conservation and Rehabilitation of Historic Buildings and Sites (National Technical University of Athens, Greece, 2009) and is currently conducting a PhD at the School of Architecture of the same University in the scientific field of Heritage Studies (2011-present). He has participated in research programs at University of Cyprus and N.T.U.A. and has practiced architecture in Greece and Cyprus conducting studies for private and public buildings. He has taken part in numerous architectural competitions, earning awards. He has also lectured at the Department of Architecture at University of Nicosia. His academic interests are in the fields of history and theory of architecture, in preservation studies and the industrial heritage. He is member of ICOMOS, DOCOMOMO and TICCIH.
- PhD candidate at School of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens, title: “The Network of the Industrial Heritage of Cyprus”. (2011- )
Supervisor: Dr. Nikos Belavilas, Assistant Professor NTUA,
Advisors: Dr. Yiannis Kizis, Professor NTUA, Dr. Panayiota Pyla, Associate Prof. and Head of the Department of Architecture, UCY.
- 2007 – 2009, Msc. Conservation and Rehabilitation of Historic Buildings and Sites, grade: 9.24/10 (excellent), School of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens.
- 1998 – 2005, B.Arch, Pg. Dip. Arch., 5-year programme in Architecture, grade: 7.53/10 (Very Good), School of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- Pyla P., Sioulas M., “Doxiadis Association: Educational buildings and sociopolitical aspects”, in Petridou V., Pagalos P., The history of Architecture of the University of Patras, (Patras: University of Patras, 2014, forthcoming).
- Sioulas M., “Power Plants in Colonial Cyprus”, in the proceedings of the conference Industrial Heritage, Regeneration and Sustainability, co-organized by: Hellenic Institute of Architecture, TICCIH, NTUA, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, University of Patras, University of Thessaly, Democritus University of Thrace, Technical University of Crete, (Athens: Benaki Museum, forthcoming).
- Sioulas M., “Historical Tour of Tour-ism in Cyprus”,
in Christodoulou Ch., Spyrou Sp.,Cyprus Bulletin for the Venice Bienalle, Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Cyprus, 2012, p.34-41.