Mr. Demetrios Antoniou
Visiting Assistant Professor of Architectural Design and Construction Technology
Telephone: +357 2684 3613
Demetrios Antoniou studied Architecture in NTU of Athens (1989) has also a Master of Architecture in the Urban Landscape, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (1991). He was a Junior Designer (Athens, Los Angeles, 1983-1992) and a set Designer, MCA/Universal Studios Hollywood (1992 – 93). Demetrios Antoniou was a member of “Theros Architecture” (1994-1998). Chief designer of a variety of projects (houses, cinemas, theaters, industrial and commercial facilities). Collaborator, Kisho Kurokawa Assoc., (Embassy of Japan, Athens, 2003). Demetrios Antoniou won three first, two fourth prizes and four commendations in architectural competitions. Commendation in European Competition “Zephyr–Passive Cooling Techniques” (1994). PhD. candidate scholarship. (1997). Assistant Professor of Architectural Design and Building Technology at Dept. of Architecture, University of Patras (2001-2004, 2008-2011), elected as tenure-track Assistant Professor (2010), and Democritus University (2005-2006). Visiting Lecturer, DCG (Dept. of Architecture, Drury University, Mo., U.S.A., 2006-2007). Demetrios Antoniou is an Assistant Professor of Architectural Design and Building Technology at Neapolis University Pafos, Cyprus (2011-today). Demetrios Antoniou has participated in thesis and project review committees at several universities and has been supervising architectural workshops in Greece and Cyprus. His projects, articles and book contributions have been widely published. Co-founder, with Helen Katsoufis, “ONOFFICE environmental architecture” in Athens (1998-today). Member of Do.Co.Mo.Mo., Technical Chamber of Greece, Technical Champer of Cyprus, Architectural Associations in Greece and Cyprus and Int’l Associate AIA (American Institute of Architects)
- Master of Architecture in the Urban Landscape (1991). University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Diploma in Architecture (1989). National Technical University of Greece
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- 1st Prize. The Germanina complex and Park Competition. Geroskipou, Cyprus. January 2014
- Commendation. Latsia Urban Park Competition. Nicosia, Cyprus. January 2013
- Workshop Coordinator. “Urban Equilibrium” Organized by Cyprus Architects Association. June 2013.
- Participation in the international Architectural Competition “Rethink Athens”. September 2012
- Workshop Coordinator. 13th Venice Biennale. Cyprus Pavillion. “Revisit Cyprus”. Article in Biennale Cypriot catalogue. Title: “Once more… Architecture as a catalyst”. August 2012
- Book Contributor. Book Title: “Travel as Architectural Education”. Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada, May 2012. Long-distance Lecturer and Reviewer. Article. Title: On our visit to Pikionis’s “Loumbardiaris Project”
- Article. Real Estate + Development Magazine, Issue # 88, March 2011, p.36. Title: “The tyranny of small decisions” based on a 1966 book by Alfred Kahn.
- Article. a2610. Periodical Publication. School of Architecture in Patras. Issue # 06, Spring 2011, p. 34 Title: “Turning Page”. On how architecture will have to cope with crisis.
- Article. DOMES International Review of Architecture. Issue # 08/10, Nov. 2010. P.: 102 – 107 Title: “Details. An ecological approach”
- Built Work. “Hellenic Structures” Magazine Special Issue # 150, p. 216, Selected Works of the last decade. “School Complex in the city of Xanthi, Greece”
- Book Contributor. Book Title: “Bioclimatic Architecture in Greece”. A selection of 28 projects from Greece., H. Mantziou, Architect. Published Project: “Bioclimatic House in the Historic Part of the city of Xanthi, Greece” p. 94 – 103. Intro by C. Dekavallas. March 2009
- Competition.”Architects” Bi-monthly edition. Society of Greek Architects. Issue # 74, March 2009. P. 80. Commended Project: “The design of the park on block 106”
- Presentation. “H & G” magazine. Jan/Feb 2009. p. 98 – 99. Article on ONOFFICE environmental architecture Private Practice. Title: “Positive Climate”
- Built Work. “Ktirio” Architectural magazine. Issue # 159, March 2004, p. 91 – 100. Project: “Hilton Hotel, Athens Refurbishment” Onoffice worked on the project in coll. with A. Tombazis and H. Bougadellis Architectural Offices.
- Built Work. “Ktirio” Architectural magazine. Issue # 156, October 2003, p. 24. Project: “Geological Institute Building – New facilities in an Olympic use building” Onoffice worked on the project in coll. with D. Katzourakis Architectural Office.