Dr. Michailina Siakalli
Lecturer in Finance
Telephone: +357 2684 3407
Dr Michailina Siakalli obtained her Ph.D. from the University of Sheffield after completing her BSc studies in Pure Mathematics at the University of Cyprus in 2003 and her MSc in Financial Mathematics at Cass Business School, City University in 2004. Her research interests focus on stochastic differential equations (SDEs) driven by Levy processes, stability theory of SDEs and financial mathematics, options and pricing.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- “Understanding Online News: Uses and Gratifications of Mainstream News Sites and Social Media” (co-authors Masouras A. and Papademetriou C.) to appear in International Journal of Strategic Innovative Marketing (2015)
- Uses and Gratifications in Online news: comparing Social Media and News Media by users”. Conference proceedings of the 4th International Conference: Quantitative and Qualitative Methodologies in the Economic& Administrative Sciences (I.C.Q.Q.M.E.A.S. 2015) pp. 317.
- “Is it important to know Students’ Perceived Value Mathematics?” (co-authors Solomontos-Kountouri, O., and Yiallouros, P.) Mediterranean Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 12, 1-2, 23-37 (2013)
- Stochastic Stabilization of Dynamical Systems using Lévy noise (co-author Applebaum D.), Stochastics and Dynamics 10, 509-27 (2010)
- Asymptotic stability of stochastic differential equations driven by Levy processes, (co-author Applebaum D.), Journal of Applied Probability 46 1116-29 (2009)