Objective of the MBA Distance Learning Programme
The aim of this postgraduate programme is to prepare people who are already employed or are about to be employed by providing knowledge, abilities and skills for business administration. The Masters in Business Administration (MBA) aims at providing students with research and analysis skills and strengthen their composition and creativity abilities, while focusing on the vital importance of information and technology, and raising awareness on ethical, social, environmental and international issues affecting administrative decisions.
The program is specially designed for:
- Those seeking work in the private sector.
- Professionals already working in the private sector and are interested in their rapid development within their company.
- Those interested in setting up a new business.
- Entrepreneurs who are keen in further developing their businesses.
- Employees within the public sector who wish to increase their wage.
The MBA programme is offered in the Greek language.
The minimum requirement for admission to the MBA programme is an undergraduate degree from an accredited university plus very good knowledge for both Greek and English language.
To be awarded the MBA degree, students must successfully complete six (6) thematic units (modules). The structure of each module is listed in the following table.
|DLMBA-1: Leadership and Management||
|DLΜΒΑ-2: Accounting and Quantitative Methods for Managers||
|DLΜΒΑ-3: Financial Management and Human Resources Management||
|DLΜΒΑ-4: Project and Operation Management||
|DLΜΒΑ-5: Business Strategy and Total Quality Management||
|DLΜΒΑ-6: Small Business Management and Marketing||
Each semester the student may choose to register and attend a maximum of two modules. Therefore, the shortest duration for completion of the program is three semesters.
TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
This is a distance learning programmme. For each module students are required to attend a 3-hour class and between four and six 2-hour on-line meetings with the tutor. During the semester, students should study the educational material provided following a specific timeline. For each module students are required to dedicate approximately 14 hours per week. Furthermore, for each module students must complete and submit two pieces of coursework. At the end of the semester students must take written exams either at Neapolis University in Pafos or at local partner examination centers in Cyprus or Greece. Students must obtain at least a mark of 50% in the written exams in order to pass the module. Students can retake an exam in case of fail. The final mark obtained for a module consists of the sum of the final written exam mark weighted by 0.7 and the average mark obtained from the two pieces of submitted coursework weighted by 0.3.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAMME
- The international prestige and recognition of Neapolis University of Pafos.
- Excellent academic staff with strong expertise in the taught subjects.
- International collaborations with many Universities.
- The flexibility of distance learning.
- The use of advanced technology and resources.
- The dynamic choice between synchronous and asynchronous distance education.
- The adjustment of the MBA program to current market requirements and multiple business environments.
- Competitive tuition fees.