Prof. Constantinos GE. Athanassopoulos
Professor/President of the School of Law
Telephone: +357 2684 3337, +30 6944 626140
- State Scholarships Foundation (doctoral studies)
- Panteion School of Political Sciences (further training)
- American Cultural Institute (Communication studies)
- Belgian Government (further training)
- French Government (further training)Onassis Foundation (research activities in various countries)
- PhD, Panteion School of Political Sciences, Athens, 1974
- The process of conducting a second PhD at a French University was never completed due to external political intervention from Greece
- Postgraduate Diplomas / Certificates of Studies
- Gestion Publique, Enterprises Publiques et Developpement, Institut Internationale d’ Administration Publique, Paris
- Developpement et Civilisation, Universite de Paris II, Paris
- Enterprises Publiques, Faculte de Droit de Sceaux, Sceaux
- Regional Cooperation, Post-Graduate Institute of Regional Development, Panteion School of Political Sciences, Athens
- Cycle Court / Session de Perfectionnement
- Cycle Court / Session de Perfectionnement, Administration Locale Comparée, Instit. Internat. Adminis. Public, Paris
- Cycle Court / Session de Perfectionnement, Amenagement Régional et Urbanisme, Rennes / DATAR, Paris / IAURIF Rennes
- Cycle Court / Session de Perfectionnement, Contrôle Enterprises Publiques, Paris
- Degrees / Certificates of Studies
- Degree, School of Law, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 1966
- Certificate of Attendance, School of Economic and Political Sciences, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Other Studies
- Diploma, Studies in Journalism (3 years), Athens
- Diploma, Studies in Public Relations (1 year), Athens
- Diploma, Studies in Public Affairs (1 year), Athens
- Certificate, Seminars on Television (1 year), Athens
- Foreign Languages
- French, English
- 2011 – Today President and Professor, School of Law, Neapolis University, Pafos
- 2012 – Today Professor, L.L.M. in Law, Neapolis University, Pafos
- 2011 – Today Professor, MA in Public Administration, Neapolis University, Pafos
- 1990 – 2010 Professor, MA Programme of the Department of Economic and Regional Development, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences
- 1990 – 2010 Professor, Department of Economic and Regional Development, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences
- 1996 – Today Professor, BSc and MSc Programmes of the Department of Pharmacy, University of Athens
- 1977 – 2007 Professor, Department of Public Administration, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences
- 1986 – 2015 Advisor of Studies and Special Lecturer at the School of National Defence of Greece for many years and later as Honorary Lecturer by decision of the Chief of the General Staff of National Defence
- 1987 – 1987 Intern. Inst. Inter. Admin. Publique, Paris
- 1990 – 1990 Ch. L. Univ. K. Bruxelles
- 1995 – Today Scientific Head of the Quarterly REVIEW OF DECENTRALIZATION, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT
List up to 10 most important including the 5 most recent projects
- 5-Year Program for the Development of Greece. Athens, 1983. Centre of Planning and Scientific Research / Ministry of National Economy. Responsible for the Industrial Policy Sector
- Aims and Means of Regional Policy. Athens, 1988. Ministry of National Economy. Sectoral Head
- The Light Industry of Zimbabwe. Athens, Harare, 1989. Ministry of Industry of Greece, Ministry of Industry of Zimbabwe. Coordinator of on the spot research and implementation
- The Regional Policy in Countries of Europe. Seats of research: Athens, European Countries, 1990. Onassis Foundation. Scientific Coordinator.
- The Reorganization of the Greek Public Administration. Athens, 1991. Ministry of the Presidency of the Government. Sectoral Head.
- Administrative Decentralization. Athens, 1995. Academy of Athens. Writer on special issues.
- The Institution of the Educator. Athens, 1995. Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences. Ministry of Labor. Scientific Coordinator
- Public Investments. Athens, 2004. Ministry of National Economy.
- Regulations on the Staff of Local Authorities in the EU Member States. Athens, 2006. National Centre of Public Administration. Scientific Coordinator
- The Jurisdiction of the Regions of the Ten New EU Member States on Issues of Investments and Especially Private Investments. Athens, 2007. National Centre of Public Administration. Scientific Coordinator
- Vocational Training of Unemployed in EU Member States. Athens, 2008. Ministry of Labor / European Union: European Fund of Regional Development. Scientific Advisor
- Management of Administrative Burdens. Athens, 2014. National Centre of Public Administration. Scientific Coordinator
- Codification of Legislature concerning Administrative Development. Athens, 2016-today. Centre of Regional Development Ieron. & Anast. Pintos. Scientific Coordinator
- Supervision of hundreds of PhD Theses and MA Dissertations in Universities in Greece, Cyprus etc. Full data available on request
ADVISORY SERVICES – PARTICIPATION IN BOARDS/PUBLICATION COMMITTEES
- Member of the Athens Bar Association. 1969-today
- Founding Member of the Association of Greek Regionalists
- Member of the Society of Administrative Studies
- Member of the Economic Scientific Chamber of Greece
- Member of the Regional Science Association (Hellenic Branch)
- Member of the Board of the Centre of Regional Development Studies “Ieronimos Pintos”. 1985-today
- President of the Centre of Education on Research Studies and Development. 1991-today
- President of the Centre for the Promotion of Ethical and Cultural Values “Dimitrios N. Karlos”. 2000-today
- Advisory opinion on the issue of capital import for investments in Greece. 1988
- Advisory opinion on the issue of Vocational Training Schools. 1983
- Advisory opinion on the issue of free, permitted, bounded, forbidden and exclusive republications. 1980
- Scientific Head of the Quarterly REVIEW OF DECENTRALIZATION, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT. 1995-today
- Member in the publication of honorary volumes. Athens, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences. 1984, 1987, 1990, 2005
- With the funding of EU Institutions, I have organized 51 Academic Seminars in Brussels for students of Greek Universities and Neapolis University Pafos
List up to 10 most important including the 5 most recent publications
1st Thematic Unit: Law, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, European Law, Economy
- Administrative Law. New Edition. Athens, 2014.
- Regional Governance-Local Governance: Vol. I: Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, 5th edition 1996, Vol. II: Austria, Belgium, Greece, United Kingdom, Italy, 7th edition 2000. New edition. Athens 2010.
- The Law of the European Union. Scientific contribution of Vas. DELITHEOU and Hel. KAVVADIA. Athens 2008.
- Human Resources Management. Scientific Coordinator. R. NOE, J. HOLLENBECK, B. GERHART, P. WRIGHT. Vol. I, Athens 2006, Vol. II, Athens, 2007.
- Greek Private Investments in the Balkans: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, FYROM, Serbia-Montenegro, Romania, and the Greek Plan for the Economic Reconstruction of the Balkans. Athens, 2005.
- The Law of the European Union. Vol. II. Rome, Athens, 2004.
- Institutional Framework of Regional Development. Vol. I, II, III. Athens, 1st edition 1991, 5th edition 2007.
- Personnel Administration. University Lectures. Publication of the University of Athens. 1st edition 1996, 3rd edition 2000.
- La notion d’ investissement productif prive. Bruxelles, 1994.
- Local Government: Special Issues. Athens, 1st edition 1990, 2nd edition 1991.
- New Institutions of Local Government. Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government, Athens 1990.
- Development Organization on Site. Athens, 1989.
- The Institutional Framework of Public Companies and Organizations. Athens, 1st edition 1988, 2nd edition 1990.
- The Organization of Regional Government in the Framework of Decentralization: The Institution of Prefecture. Greece, France, Italy. Athens, 1988.
- Investissement et Protection des Capitaux Étrangers en Grèce [Investment and Protection of Foreign Captials in Greece]. Paris. I.I.A.P. Paris. 1987.
- Les Plus Récentes Réglementations Legislatives Interventes dans le Domaine des Collectivité Locales en Grèce [The most Recent Legislative Regulations in Local Government in Greece]. Paris. I.I.A.P. Paris. 1987.
- Funding Motives in the Institutional Framework of Regional Development. Athens, Vol. I, II, 1st edition 1985, 3rd edition 1993.
- Legislature of Regional Development: The Greek Experience of the Last Thirty Years and the Special Regulations for Private Investments. Athens, 1st edition June 1984, 2nd edition September 1984.
- Legislature of Regional Development: Vol. III (period 1978-1982). Athens, 1982.
- Legislature of Regional Development: Vol. II (period 1972-1978). Athens, 1982.
- Legislature of Regional Development: Vol. I (period 1952-1972). Athens, 1981.
- Tradition and Environmental Protection. Athens, 1980.
- Mass Media and Economic Development of Regions. Athens, 1977.
2nd Thematic Unit: Communication, Mass Media, Public Relations
- Public Relations. Athens, 2006. New edition, Athens, 2010.
- Publicity. Organization for the Publication of Educational Books. Athens, 1st edition 1985, 9th edition 2000.
- Basic Regulations about Journalists. I. Belgium, France, West Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA, Italy, South Africa, Holland, Turkey, II. Greece. Athens, 1978.
- Basic Legal Regulations about the Press. Athens, 1977.
- TV Advertisements. Athens, 1974.
- Composition of TV Programs. Greece, 15 other Countries. Athens, 1974.
- Administrative Measures about the Press. I. Greece. II. England, Belgium, France, West Germany, Switzerland, USA, Italy, Cyprus, South Africa, Holland, Sweden, Turkey. Athens, 1st edition 1970, 2nd edition 1974.
- Elements of Projection Methodology. Athens, 1969.
- On the Organization of Legal Entities and the Functioning of News Agencies. Athens, 1969.
- On News Agencies. Athens, 1968.
- About the News. Athens, 1968.
3rd Thematic Unit: Contributions in Scientific Collective Volumes and Honorary Volumes (peer review system)
- Scientific Yearbook / Honorary Volume for Professor G. KASFOUSIS. Athens, 2014.
- Scientific Yearbook / Honorary Volume for Professor P. GEMTOS. Athens, 2009.
- Scientific Yearbook / Honorary Volume for Professor N. KONSOLAS. Athens, 2005.
- Université de Tours. CESA – France: La Protection des Capitaux Étrangers en Grèce [University of Tours. CESA – France : The Protection of Foreign Capitals in Greece]. Tours 1992.
- Scientific Yearbook of the Institute of Regional Development: The Development Organization on the Spot. Athens, 1992.
- Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government: Legal Issues of Local Governance: The Status of Loans of Organizations of Local Government. Athens 1990.
- In Honor to G. M. Papahatzis: The Concept of Public Enterprise. Athens, 1990.
- Study on the Evaluation and Readjustment of the Programme of Siting and Development Centre of Planning and Economic Research. Athens, 1982, 1986.
- Articles in a major encyclopedia on issues of regional development, development incentives etc. Athens, 1989.
- Panteios School of Political Sciences. Honorary Volume in Memory of Ieronimos Pintos. Subject: Private Investments. Athens, 1985.
4th Thematic Unit: Articles and Interviews in the Recent Years and Articles in the Last Thirty Years. INDICATIVE
- Reference from a Vast Number. Peer Reviewed Publications
- “On the notion of law”, Nomiko Vima, 65(9), 2017.
- Nobody Likes He who Brings Bad News. REVIEW OF DECENTRALIZATION, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Athens, Vol. 88 / 2017.
- Relations between the Institutions of the European Union and the Administrations of the Member States REVIEW OF DECENTRALIZATION, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Athens, vol. 87 / 2017. Accessible as mentioned in 2 above.
- On Independent Authorities. REVIEW OF DECENTRALIZATION, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Athens, vol. 86 / 2016. Accessible as mentioned in 2 above.
- The 9th of May as the beginning of open Democratic Horizons. REVIEW OF DECENTRALIZATION, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Athens, vol. 85 / 2016. Accessible as mentioned in 2 above.
- On National Crisis and Crisis of Values. REVIEW OF DECENTRALIZATION, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Athens, vol. 83 / 2015. Accessible as mentioned in 2 above.
- Foreign Investments. Import of Foreign Capital from EEC Countries. Newspaper TO VIMA, 29/12/1991.
- Notion d’ investisssement et problèmes de développement [The notion of investment and problems of development]. CAHIERS DE L’ A.C.E. Paris, 1991, N. 3.
- Observations compares sur les incitations financiéres au développement regional en Grèce (1982-1987) [Comparative observations on the financial indications of regional development in Greece (1982-1987)]. Cooper. J. P. COURTHEOUX. REVUE D’ ECONOMIE FINANCIERE. Paris, 1988, N. 7.
- Caractères spécifiques des incitations financiers Développement regional en Grèce [Special character of financial incitation. Regional development in Greece]. Cooper. J. P. COURTHEOUX. REVUE D’ ECONOMIE REGIONALE ET URBAINE. Paris, 1987, N. 5.
- L’ Administration Local en Grèce et ses cadences récentes [Local Administration in Greece and and its recent cadences]. (Introd. Note J. M. DUFFAU). LA REVUE ADMINISTRATIVE. Paris, 1987, N. 237.
- Honorary Diplomas of the Hellenic Red Cross, 1960, 1965.
- Honorary Diploma of the International Union of Communication Advisors, in cooperation with the Patriarchate of Alexandria, 1975.
- Medal of the Union of Former French War Fighters, 1976.
- Gold Medal of the Scientist’s Union of Sofades, 1987.
- Honorary Decoration of the Union of Journalists Owners of Periodical Press, 1994.
- Gold Medal of the Scientist’s Union of Sofades, 2012.
- Award of the title of Honorary Lecturer of the School of National Defence of Greece, 2012.
- He has repeatedly, in front of three Presidents of the Hellenic Republic, Members of Governments, Chiefs of the General Staff of National Defence, of the General Staff of the Army, of the General Staff of the Navy, of the General Staff of the Air Force, made celebratory speeches for the Armed Forces on 21st November (Day of the Armed Forces), at the Athens Cathedral, selected for this purpose as University Professor. He has also made celebratory speeches about May 9th, 1945, as Official National Speaker.
- HONORARY ENTRIES OF HIS CV IN GREEK AND INTERNATIONAL WHO IS WHO
- Who is Who, Morton biographical dictionary, 1995-today.
- Five Thousand Personalities of The world. The American Biographical Institute, 1995.
- Five Hundred Leaders of Influence. The American Biographical Institute, 3rd edition 1996.
- Who is Who in the Balkans 1997-1998. CF NAJ Investment Company.