Liaison Office to the Business World
Liaison Office with the Business World of Neapolis University began offering its services in September 2014 and is designed to link students and the Neapolis University Academics with the business of Paphos and Cyprus. The function of the Liaison Office of the University of Neapolis, funded under the project “Development and operation of Liaison Offices in the Business world at universities operating in the Republic.” The main role of the Project is to become the link between the University and the Business Community. The Project is financed by the Structural Funds of the European Union and national funds
Details of the Liaison Office:
- Inform students of our University for available internships in companies and businesses in the private sector, both locally and/or Pan-Cyprian.
- Work as a liaison between companies in the city of Paphos and/or Pan-Cyprian, students and the University Academics for gaining work experience through internships.
- Information to conduct training seminars and conferences.
- Promotes Academic and business communication and collaboration in European programs.
- Organizes meetings and educational seminars of professional interest as well as Career Days in collaboration with the Career Office.
The Objectives and Priorities of the Liaison Office are:
- Development and Operation of Liaison Offices in Collaborating Universities
- Cooperation and Public-Private Partnerships in Framework Common Objectives
- Developing and Promoting Culture of Innovation
- Involvement of Academic and Business people of Cyprus through Productive Partnerships
- Establish communication channels with Productive Bodies Website: Companies, Organizations, etc.
- Ensuring the Development of Academic Research in Business and Industry
- Maximizing Opportunities and Capabilities of Student / Alumni Employment, through Student Placement Framework
- Use the Research Skills of University Students by Cyprus companies
- Communication and Commercialization of Academic Research Results
- Encouraging and Promoting Research in Cyprus Business Society
The procedure consists of three steps
Step 1: Identify and exploit the capabilities and outputs of the research work carried out at the Universities.
How is this done: By recording and electronic registration in databases of the Research profile of academic and laboratory units.
Step 2: Investigation and identification of the advisory and related needs of the productive and social institutions of the location and the need to employ students.
How is this done: With the recording of data and needs to advisory services and fill positions from students, to explore the possibilities and prospects for the development of innovation and finally the electronic entries of data in databases.
Step 3: Identify and define the field coupling between the company and the relevant research department of the University
How is this done: Through the registration databases of all data on both the profile of the research units of the University and also the profile of the productive and social actors, the opportunity for realization of the interconnection of the enterprise with the relevant research department of the University in level of services, and in level of employment of the students of the department.
Ensuring the quality and validity of services achieved by developing channels of communication between the student and the labor market.
It should be noted that all services of the Liaison Office are free of charge. The functions and activities are governed by the Code of Conduct in order to safeguard the confidentiality of personal data and equal access.
Officers of the Liaison Office, Nadia Anastasi (PhD), Georgia Christou (MSc) and Iliana Keli-Georgiou (LL.B-LL.M), is always close to students and graduates, serving as a information hub and service.
You can contact them online or visit the local Liaison Offices that are operating in all academic units of the Institute every day.
Call: 26 843615, 26 843370, 26 843346