Dr. Vassiliki Kapsali
Lecturer in Law
Telephone: +357 2684 3300
Born in Thessaloniki (1981), Vassiliki Kapsali graduated from the Law School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2002). She holds a Master’s degree in Public Law and Political Science from the same University (2004) as well as a D.E.A. in Public Law from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (2005). In 2012 she obtained a Ph.D. degree in Public Law from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, with highest distinction (très honorable avec felicitations), upon completion of her doctoral thesis on «Citizens’ rights in the administrative procedure. A comparative study of French and Greek law» under the supervision of Professor Yves Gaudemet.
She has previously worked as a legal researcher for the French Council of State (2012), as a teaching and research assistant for the University of Paris ΧΙΙ Est-Créteil (2012-2013), as a research assistant at the Law School of Sciences Po Paris (2013) and as a scientific collaborator for the Centre of International and European Economic Law in Thessaloniki (2013-2014). In 2014-2015 she was a post-doctoral researcher at the Law School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, working on «The continuity principle in administrative law».
In spring 2015 she joined the Law Schools of the Democritus University of Thrace and of the Neapolis University Pafos, where she currently serves as an adjunct lecturer in Public Law, teaching general administrative law, judicial process administrative law, tax law and civil service law. She has been a member of the Thessaloniki Bar Association since 2004.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- Les droits des administrés dans la procédure administrative non contentieuse. Étude comparée des droits français et grec, L.G.D.J., collection « Bibliothèque de droit public», t. 291, 2015 [in French]
- «Le droit constitutionnel de l’administration locale en Grèce», in: G. Guglielmi & J. Martin (dir.), Le droit constitutionnel des collectivités territoriales. Aspects de droit comparé, éd. Berger-Levrault, 2015, pp. 175-188 [in French]
- «Le vote des Grecs expatriés depuis leur lieu de résidence: observations sous l’arrêt CEDH 8.7.2010, Sitaropoulos et. al. c. Grèce (req. no 42202/07)», Annuaire International des Droits de l’Homme, éd. Bruylant/A. Sakkoulas, t. V, 2010, pp. 677-696 [in French]
- «Administrative efficiency, procedural legality and the judicial process», Theory and Practice of Administrative Law 1/2016 (under publication) [in Greek]
- «The “inoperative” grounds of annulment as an expression of methodological bewilderment», Theory and Practice of Administrative Law 8-9/2013, pp. 817-825 [in Greek]
- «The motivation of individual administrative acts: an undermined procedural guarantee», Administrative Law Journal 4/2010, pp. 568-584 [in Greek]
- «The public interest and the constitutional review of legislative restrictions of economic liberty», Human Rights 38/2008, pp. 511-567 [in Greek]