It is the first time that Theological Studies are offered in Cyprus with academic validity and modern pedagogic approach
Study without changing your schedule
Master of Arts in Theological Studies – Description
It is the first time that Theological Studies are offered in Cyprus on a postgraduate level, after receiving approval of the Ministry of Education and Culture. This Programme aims at responding fully to the needs both of the Church and of the Education.
Clergy and lay theologians, as well teachers, who teach religion, or philologists and graduates of other relevant humanities are eligible to attend the MA Programme in Theological Studies:
The Master of Arts offers the possibility of engagement with the highest achievements of human thought, assisted by divine wisdom.
The main aims of the Master of Arts in Theological Studies are:
- To instruct the students in such a way, so that will be able to respond to the multiple demands of Education and to the remarkable deeds performed for the society by the Church during the past 2000 years
- To create an international centre for Theological Studies and an independent tribute for the inter-religious dialogue and culture, at Neapolis University in Cyprus.
- To provide Postgraduate Studies of high quality to Theologians, Spiritual people and scholars in Humanities, who wish to deepen their knowledge of theological issues and acquire skills which will contribute to their professional and personal growth.
Quality of studies
There is a very high-quality study which is guaranteed:
- The academic staff of the Master of Arts in Theological Studies
- The application of modern teaching methods
- The excellent and comfortable facilities with logistics for successful teaching
- The rich library and linkages with foreign libraries
- These meetings are held every Saturday for 12 Saturdays each semester
- Greek language teaching
- Approved by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Cyprus
Teachers of Middle and Primary Education and ministers of the church work found the unexpected way to finally train in Cyprus. Neapolis University in Cyprus has claimed and achieved an outstanding position among the Greek-speaking Orthodox theological schools. It features the expertise of distinguished professors, selected by rational criteria, students, excellent logistics requirements. It gives a boost to renewal through rejuvenating Orthodox Theology.