Dr. Katerina Flora
Lecturer: Clinical Psychology
Telephone: +357 2684 3602
Katerina Flora is a lecturer of Clinical Psychology at Neapolis University Pafos. She has studied Psychology and has postgraduate studies in Clinical and Social Psychology (Aristotle University) specializing in addictions and psychosocial problems, in Social and Political Theory (Panteion University) and in European Literature (Aristotle University).Her doctoral thesis in clinical psychology relates to the systematic study of the important factors in the treatment of dependence on psychotropic substances. She is trained in Cognitive Psychotherapy. She has scholarship from State Scholarships Foundation (IKY), she has received a scholarship from the German Ministry for vulnerable population groups (Bundesministerium fur Familien, Kinder, Frauen und Senioren) and she has postgraduate training in youth counseling (Berlin & Cottbus, Germany). She has received Postdoctoral Excellence Scholarship from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2012). She has worked in psychosocial rehabilitation structures and as a therapist for children and adults. She has participated in European psychosocial care, intercultural approach and youth counseling programs in Switzerland and Germany. She is a Member-Director of Network researchers for youth issues (General Secretariat for Youth). She has taught at the University of Macedonia University of Western Macedonia and Epirus Technological Institute the subjects of Clinical Psychology, Counseling and Social Psychology. She has published scientific papers in international journals and she has conference presentations in the field of psychosocial problems and psychotherapy. Her research interests include the prevention and treatment of psychosocial problems, positive psychology, narrative approach and the study of the social factors of mental illness.
- 2011 PhD Clinical Psychology, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens, Greece
- 2014 ΜSc European Literature and Culture, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 2009 ΜSc Social and Political Theory, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens, Greece
- 2006 MSc Social and Clinical Psychology of Addictions and Psychosocial Problems, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 2003 BA Psychology, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 2012-2015 Adjunct Lecturer University of Macedonia
- 2012-2015 Course leader/Lecturer Akmi Metropolitan College in collaboration with University of East London
- 2011-2014 Adjunct Lecturer University of West Macedonia
- 2011-2013 Scientific Cooperator Technological Institute of Epirus
- 2008 -2011 Clinical Psychologist Institute of Psychosocial and Kinetic rehabilitation and Health Care
- 2007- today Clinical Psychologist in private practice
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- Raftopoulos, A. & Flora, K. (2005) “An initial imprinting of the self-help groups of Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous in Greece: the demographic facts” International Journal of Self Help and Self Care, Volume 3, Issue 3&4, p.193-212.
- Flora K. & Raftopoulos A. (2007) “A first description of Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous members in Greece: prior treatment history and opinions about professionals” Contemporary Drug Problems. Vol. 34. NO.1, p.163-180.
- Flora, K., Raftopoulos, A., Pontikes, T. (2010). A Look at the Evolution of the Self-Help Movement. Journal of Groups in Addiction and Recovery, 5 (3), 214-225.
- Flora, K., Raftopoulos, A., Pontikes, T. (2010). Current Status of Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous in Greece: Factors Influencing Member Enrollment. Journal of Groups in Addiction and Recovery, 5 (3), 226-239.
- Raftopoulos, A. & Flora, K. (2011). Substance use related behavior of the members of Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous in Greece. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. Volume 43 (3), 238-244.
- Flora, K. (2012). Understanding recovery from substance abuse: a narrative approach to the motivation and ambivalence about change. Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions, 12 (3), 302-315.
- Flora, K., Stalikas, A. (2012). Factors affecting substance abuse treatment in Greece and their course during therapy. Addictive Behaviors, 37 (12), 1358-1364.
- Flora, K., Stalikas, A. (2013). Factors affecting substance abuse treatment across different treatment phases. International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, .Vol. 17(1), 89-104.
- Flora, K. (2014). Internet addiction disorder among adolescents and young adults: the picture in Europe and prevention strategies, PERSPECTIVES ON YOUTH: Connections and Disconnections, Issue 2, p.119-132
- Flora, K., Stalikas, A. (2015). Positive emotions and addiction. International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, 19(1),57-85.
- Flora, Κ. (2016). The psychoanalytic critique to religion: a review, Politikes kai Koinonikes Epistimes (Political and Social Sciences) (in Greek), 3/2016, 117-134.
- Flora, K. & Argyroudi, A. (2016). Factors affecting counselling services in social services structures providing support to women who are victims of violence: a qualitative research in Greece. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, first published on December 4, 2016 as doi:10.1177/0886260516681877.
- Flora, K. (under publication). Surrealism and madness: an approach of madness and irrational in surrealistic movement. Psychiatriki (Psychiatry) (in Greek).
- Flora, K. (under publication). A review of the factors affecting the development and outcome of the treatment of psychotropic substances addiction. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly