Dr. Vasileios Petropoulos
Lecturer in Law
Telephone: +357 2684 3300
Vasileios Petropoulos was born in Athens in 1980 and he received his education at the Universities of Athens (2001, LL.B.), Munich, Ludwig Maximilian Universität, (LL.M, 2003; PhD, 2005; Post Doc “Habilitation” 2010) and Zurich (PhD 2008).
His doctoral theses are entitled “The evaluation of the victim’s behavior within the conduct of Fraud” (Munich 2005), “The criminal conduct of the Market manipulation in Swiss and European law, especially on the aspect of German and Greek criminal law” (Zurich 2008), “The criminal evaluation of the impulsive behavior” (Munich 2010) –all of them in German.
He is a member of the Patras Bar Association (2003) and an academic assistant at the Law School of the University of Athens.
- „Die Berücksichtigung des Opferverhaltens beim Betrugstatestand“, zugl. Dissertation München, Herbert Utz Verlag, München 2005 (“The evaluation of the victim’s behavior within the conduct of Fraud”).
- „Die Strafbarkeit des Sportwettens mit festen Gewinnquoten nach deutschem Recht“ („The criminal punishment of illegal sport betting according to German law“), wistra 2006, 332.
- „Der Zusammenhang von Vortat und Gegenstand der Geldwäsche“ (“The Relevance between previous criminal action and object of Money Laundering according to German law”). (in wistra, July 2007 )
- The criminal conduct of the Market manipulation in Swiss and European law, especially on the aspect of German and Greek criminal law, Dike Verlag, Zurich 2009
- Market Manipulation under law No 3340/2005, in: Poinika Chronika March 2009 (in Greek)
- Bribing football players and manipulating the result of a football bet. A case of fraud? (together with Mr. Ioannis Morozinis), in German, in wistra July 2009
- The European ne bis in idem and the principle of opportunity, in Essays in Honor of Prof Schöch, 2010.