Καθ. Άγγελος Τσακλάγκανος
Professor of Finance
Telephone: +357 2684 3319
Professor of Finance
Telephone: +357 2684 3319
- 1971 New York University, Stern School of Business. Ph.D. June 1971. Major: Quantitative Analysis, Management and Managerial Accounting. Dissertation: “National Strategies Concerning Foreign Private Investment. An O.R. Approach”.
- 1970 New York University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. M.A., Economics. Major: Econometrics, June 1970.
- 1969 New York University, Stern School of Business. M.B.A. with distinction, June 1969. Major: Quantitative Analysis.
- 1961-1965 Thessaloniki University, School of Law and Economics, Thesssaloniki, Greece. Completed course work and began final examination for law degree. September 1961-June 1965.
- 1964-1965 Sperry Rand International Corporation, Greece. Computer programming seminar. November 1964-March 1965. 1963 IBM Computer School, Athens.Computer systems course, certificate granted. September-December 1963.
- 1962 Certified public accountant, Greece, 1962.
- 1955-1960 School of Business and Economics, Athens, Greece – B.Sc. in Business Administration, 1955-1960.
ACADEMIC AWARDS AND GRANTS
- 1969-1970 Benjamin J. Levy Fellowship, New York University, Stern School of Business.
- 1968-1969 Research Assistantship, New York University, Stern School of Business.
- 1967-1968 Jules I. Bogen Fellowship, New York University, Stern School of Business.
- 1965-1967 Marcus Nadler Fellowship, New York University, Stern School of Business.
- 1970 Economics in Action Fellowship, Case Western Reserve University. Republic Steel Corporation, certificate. June-July 1970.
- 1971-1972 Research grant, Rutgers University.
- 1976-1977 Research grant, Temple University.
- 2012-Today Professor of Accounting, University of Neapolis, School of Business, Cyprus. Taught undergraduate and MBA Accounting Courses. Chairman of the Economics and Business Department.
- 2008-2012 Professor of Accounting, University of Nicosia, School of Business, Cyprus. Taught undergraduate and MBA Accounting Courses
- 1988–2002 Professor of Accounting, University of Laverne, Athens Campus.
Taught B.A., and M.B.A. courses in Accounting and Finance.
- 1984-1986 Visiting Professor, Brooklyn College of the City University of New York. Department of Business and Economics.
Taught Graduate and Undergraduate Courses in Accounting and Operational Research.
- 1984-1986 Visiting Professor, New York University. Stern School of Business, Department of Accounting.
Taught Managerial and Financial Accounting and Intermediate Accounting
- 1979-2006 Professor of Accounting and Business Administration, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece ,Chairman of the Business Administration Department (1979-2006)Head of the school (1994-1998)
- 1975-1979 Associate Professor (tenured), Temple University, Department of Accounting, Philadelphia, PA. Taught 15 intermediate and advanced courses in Accounting (Also in planning, budgeting and cost control, June 1975-December 1979).
- 1977 Adjunct Associate Professor, Columbia University Graduate School of Business Administration, Department of Accounting.
Taught financial planning and control. May – September 1977.
- 1973-1976 Assistant Professor, Baruch College, City University of New York, Department of Management.
Taught Business Policy and Management, September 1973-June 1976.
- 1967-1976 Adjunct Instructor, Associate Professor and Professor, New York University, Stern School of Business, Department of Quantitative Analysis.
- 1969-1973 Lecturer & Asst Professor of Economics, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
Taught Management and Accounting courses. September 1969–June 1973.
- 1972 Adjunct Associate Professor, St. John’s University College of Business Administration.
Taught Operations Research. January – June 1972.
- 1969-1971 Instructor, Marymount College, Department of Economics, January 1969 – June 1971.
- 2003-today Board Member, i-Cube Incubators S.A.
- 2003-today Board Member, Michaniki Construction S.A.
- 1992-today Vice–President, Euroinvest S.A. Holding Co.
- 1986-today Chairman of Board (1990 to today), Senior Consultant (1986-1990), Interaction S.A. Business Consultants.
- 1992-2003 Auditor, Central Bank of Greece.
- 2000-2002 Chairman of the Board, Gold S.A. Investment Fund.
- 1979-2002 Consultant, Greek Management Association. Prepared and presented seminars for executives.
- 1992-1993 Consultant to the Hellenic Ministry of Finance.
- 1995-1997 Chairman of the Board, DIAS, S.A. Investment Fund.
- 1993-1995 Board Member, DIAS, S.A. Investment Fund.
- 1991-1993 Board Member, Piraeus Investment Fund S.A.
- 1990-1991 Seminar presentations on Financial and Managerial Accounting, Midland Bank Athens, Greece.
- 1986 Seminar presentation on Financial Reporting, American Express International, New York.
- 1985-1986 Seminar presentation on Financial Reporting, First Boston Corporation, New York.
- 1982-1983 & 1990-2000 Consultant, Hellenic Telecommunications Organisation (OTE). Prepared and presented educational seminars for senior executives.
- 1980-1982 President, Hellenic Productivity Center of Northern Greece. Sponsored and presented seminars for executives on a range of business and financial topics. Duties included conducting seminars in marketing, management, budgeting, cost control and accounting.
- 1979-1986 Consultant, Hellenic Small and Medium Sized Organisation (EOMMEX). Prepared and presented seminars for executives.
- 1979-1982 Economic consultant and Head of the Department of Economic Analysis, Macedonia-Thrace Bank of Greece. Duties included evaluation of investment proposals and loan applications, research and writing of economic studies.
- 1972-1973 Consultant, Maidstone Group Inc, New York City.
- 1969-1971 Training consultant, Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Inc. Taught money market seminars for trainees.
- 1969-1970 Consultant, Dominick & Dominick. Taught seminars in special topics of economics for trainees, June 1969-February 1970.
- 1967-1968 Mobil Oil Corporation, North America Division, Department of Computer Applications, New York. Duties involved computer-based economic forecasting and analysis.
- 1962-1965 Head of Department of Planning and Statistics and Personal Assistant to the Chairman, Doxiades Associates, consultants on Development and Ekistics. May 1962-September 1965.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- Chrysovalantis Gaganis, Fotios Pasiouras, Angelos Tsaklanganos, “Taxation and Bank Efficiency: Cross-Country Evidence”, International Journal of Economics and Business (forthcoming).
- Anastasia G. Maggina, Angelos Tsaklanganos (2012), “Board Size:Evidence from Greek Public Companies”, Business Management Dynamics, Vol. 1, No.11, July, 2012(in print).
- Anastasia G. Maggina, Angelos Tsaklanganos (2012), “Predicting the Corporate Social Responsibility of Listed Companies in Greece using Market Variables”, The Journal of Applied Business Research, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 1-12, July – August 2012.