Master in Theology (Distance Learning)
- Physical presence is not required
- The Program is accredited by the The Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (CYQAA)
Purpose of the Program
The Program aims at the postgraduate education and academic expertise in Theology in order to provide professional qualifications and wider training to people with special interests on this field. In particular, the Program aims at:
• The training of students in order to respond effectively to scientific research and / or their tasks.
• Contributing to the creation of an international environment of Inter-Christian Theology and Inter-Religious Dialogue and Culture with an ecumenical reach.
• Providing high-level postgraduate education to theologians, intellectuals, humanities scientists and other scientists who want to deepen the theological themes and gain training that will help them in their professional and personal creative path.
The program is mainly addressed to graduates of the Departments of Theology, Philosophy, Philology, Pedagogy, Psychology, Sociology, History, Greek and European Culture, as well as other similar faculties and departments. It offers training and career opportunities mainly to clergy and educators, as well as to other professionals working in areas such as journalism and religious tourism.
LANGUAGE OF STUDY
The Programme is taught in the Greek language.
Structure of the Program
The duration of the studies is three semesters. For successfully completing their studies, students need to accumulate a total of 90 ECTS credits.
In the first and second semesters, students attend four compulsory courses in each semester, while in the third semester they attend only one compulsory course. Each of the courses corresponds to 7.5 Credits (ECTS).
Each course is evaluated by developing an exercise and writing a paper during the semester and examining at the end of the semester. The papers written during the semester correspond to 40% of the final grade, while the final examination is 60%. The active participation of the students in interactive initiatives may also be part of the student assessment and evaluation performance.
In the third semester, students prepare their MA dissertation, corresponding to 22.5 Credits (ECTS). The extent of the dissertation cannot be less than 10,000 words and more than 15,000 words. The diploma dissertation is supported, with physical presence in an accredited education centre in Cyprus or abroad, following specific quality guidelines, in front of a three-member committee.
|DTHEO701||Methodology of scientific research and writing||Compulsory||7,5|
|DTHEO721||Patristic – Systematic Theology||Compulsory||7,5|
|DTHEO760||Canon Law – Pastoral Theology and Practice||Compulsory||7,5|
|DTHEO741||Inter-Christian and Interreligious Dialogue||Compulsory||7,5|
|DTHEO771||History and Theology of Worship and Byzantine Art||Compulsory||7,5|
|DΤΗΕΟ763||Issues of explanation and interpretation of the Bible||Compulsory||7,5|
|DTHEO750||Pedagogics and Christian Pedagogics||Compulsory||7,5|