Objective of the HCM Programme (Distance Learning)
AIM OF PROGRAM
This Master programme on Health Care Management aims to provide high quality education to aspiring new leaders in the Health Care sector.
The programme guides students to approach Health Care Management empirically so newly-acquired knowledge and skills are to be mixed with experience and help with real-life problems. This approach is proven possible because the programme was designed with the ever-changing Public Health Policies and the increased responsibilities of Health Care Managers in mind.
In consequence, the students broaden and deepen their grasp on management matters and policy procedures. As a result the students acquire the much-needed knowledge and specialisation to effectively develop and manage the health resources at their disposal and understand the larger issues which determine policy and finance politics.
The programme is suggested for:
- anyone wishing to seek lifelong learning, made feasible by the university’s open and distance learning structure,
- anyone already working in the field of Health Care (public or private sector) wishing to develop personally and professionally,
- anyone interested in working in the wide field of Health Care,
- anyone interested in participating in educating and informing the personnel of their organisation,
- Managers and staff in the public or private sector interested in the advancement of their organisation by effectively managing and developing their resources in Health Care.
LANGUAGE OF STUDY
The programme is taught in the Greek language. The suggested bibliography is in Greek and English.
Applicants must be from an accredited university graduates with excellent knowledge of Greek and English.
Students must attend and complete successfully six Modules. Each Module consists of two master courses.
The following table shows the brief structure of the Knowledge Units, including their corresponding master courses, their codes and titles as well as their credit units (ECTS).
|Economy and Management||
|Leadership and Human Resources||
|Management and Health Care||
|Economics, Organisation and Management||
|Public Policy and Health Systems||
Each semester the student may choose to register and attend a maximum of two modules. Therefore, the shortest duration for completion of the program is three semesters.
TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
This is a distance learning programme. For each module students are required to attend a 3-hour class and between four and six 2-hour on-line meetings with the tutor. During the semester, students should study the educational material provided following a specific timeline. For each module students are required to dedicate approximately 14 hours per week. Furthermore, for each module students must complete and submit two pieces of coursework. At the end of the semester students must take written exams either at Neapolis University in Paphos or at local partner examination centers in Cyprus or Greece. Students must obtain at least a mark of 50% in the written exams in order to pass the module. Students can retake an exam in case of fail. The final mark obtained for a module consists of the sum of the final written exam mark weighted by 0.7 and the average mark obtained from the two pieces of submitted coursework weighted by 0.3.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAMME
- The international prestige and recognition of Neapolis University of Paphos.
- Excellent academic staff with strong expertise in the taught subjects.
- International collaborations with many Universities.
- The flexibility of distance learning.
- The use of advanced technology and resources.
- The dynamic choice between synchronous and asynchronous distance education.
- The adjustment of the MPA program to current market requirements and multiple business environments.
- Competitive tuition fees.