Objective of the MEA Programme (Distance Learning)
The Master in Educational Administration (MEA), aims at providing students with research and analysis skills and strengthen their composition and creativity abilities, while focusing on the vital importance of information and technology, and raising awareness on ethical, social, environmental and international issues affecting administrative decisions in educational environment. It also aims to provide high quality education to recipients who aspire to become “leaders” in this field and prepares students to assume ever increasing and complex responsibilities in this area.
The program is specially designed for:
- Those who are already employed in the private or public sector of educational field and are interested in fast advancement.
- Those who seek employment in formal and non-formal education.
- Those interested in participating in the training staff selection procedures or selection of education officials.
- Managers and employees in public or private schools and institutions, who are interested in the development of their organizations through their participation in European and international educational programs.
The MEA programme is offered in the Greek language.
The minimum requirement for admission to the MEA programme is an undergraduate degree from an accredited university plus very good knowledge for both Greek and English language.
To be awarded the MEA degree, students must successfully complete six (6) thematic units (modules). The structure of each module is listed in the following table.
|DL MEA-1:Economy and Management||
|DL MEA-2: Leadership and Human Resources||
|DL MEA-3:School Management||
|DL MEA-4: School Quality and Communication||
|DL MEA-5: Counseling and Cognitive Development||
|DL MEA-6: Research Methodology||
Each semester the student may choose to register and attend a maximum of two modules. Therefore, the shortest duration for completion of the program is three semesters.
TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
This is a distance learning programmme. For each module students are required to attend a 3-hour class and between four and six 2-hour on-line meetings with the tutor. During the semester, students should study the educational material provided following a specific timeline. For each module students are required to dedicate approximately 14 hours per week. Furthermore, for each module students must complete and submit two pieces of coursework. At the end of the semester students must take written exams either at Neapolis University in Pafos or at local partner examination centers in Cyprus or Greece. Students must obtain at least a mark of 50% in the written exams in order to pass the module. Students can retake an exam in case of fail. The final mark obtained for a module consists of the sum of the final written exam mark weighted by 0.7 and the average mark obtained from the two pieces of submitted coursework weighted by 0.3.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAMME
- The international prestige and recognition of Neapolis University of Pafos.
- Excellent academic staff with strong expertise in the taught subjects.
- International collaborations with many Universities.
- The flexibility of distance learning.
- The use of advanced technology and resources.
- The dynamic choice between synchronous and asynchronous distance education.
- The adjustment of the MEA program to current educational market requirements and multiple educational environments.
- Competitive tuition fees.