Objective Programme on General Management (Distance Learning)
AIM OF PROGRAM
This Postgraduate Programme on General Management aims to provide high quality education to those aspiring to become the future leaders in this field.
The programme guides students to approach General Management empirically so newly-acquired knowledge and skills are to be mixed with experience and help with real-life problems of the local society. This approach is proven possible because the programme was designed with the ever-changing public policy and local self-government matters and the increased responsibilities of public leaders in mind.
In consequence, the students broaden and deepen their grasp on management matters and policy procedures. As a result the students acquire the much-needed knowledge and specialisation to effectively develop and manage the public resources at their disposal and understand the larger issues which determine policy and finance politics.
The Programme is suggested for:
- Anyone wishing to seek lifelong learning, made feasible by the university’s open and distance learning structure,
- anyone already working in the field of Management (public or private sector) wishing to develop personally and professionally,
- anyone interested in working in the wide field of the Public Sector or Local Self-Government,
- anyone interested in participating in educating and informing the personnel of their organisation,
- Managers and staff in the public or private sector interested in the advancement of their organisation by effectively managing and developing their resources.
LANGUAGE OF STUDY
The Programme is taught in the Greek language. The suggested bibliography is in Greek and English.
Applicants must be from an accredited university graduates with excellent knowledge of Greek and English.
Students must attend and complete successfully six Modules. Each Module consists of two post-graduate courses.
The following table shows the brief structure of the Knowledge Units, including their corresponding postgraduate courses, their codes and titles as well as their credit units (ECTS).
|Economy and Management||
|Leadership and Human Resources||
|Public Management and Administration||
|Strategic planning in Public Management||
|Public policy and European Governance||
Each semester the students may choose to register and attend a maximum of two modules. Therefore, the shortest duration for completion of the program is three semesters.
TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
This is a distance learning Programme. For each module students are required to attend a 3-hour class and between four and six 2-hour on-line meetings with the tutor. During the semester, students should study the educational material provided following a specific timeline.
For each module students are required to dedicate approximately 14 hours per week. Furthermore, for each module students must complete and submit two pieces of coursework.
At the end of the semester students must take written exams either at Neapolis University in Cyprus or at local partner examination centers in Cyprus or Greece.
In order for the student to succeed in a course he / she must achieve, in the written assignment as well as the final examination, a grade of at least 50/100. Students can retake an exam in case they fail. The final mark obtained for a module consists of the sum of the final written exam mark weighted by 0.7 and the average mark obtained from the two pieces of submitted coursework weighted by 0.3.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAMME
- The international prestige and recognition of Neapolis University of Pafos.
- Excellent academic staff with strong expertise in the taught subjects.
- International collaborations with many Universities.
- The flexibility of distance learning.
- The use of advanced technology and resources.
- The dynamic choice between synchronous and asynchronous distance education.
- The adjustment of the MBA program to current market requirements and multiple business environments.
- Competitive tuition fees.