Mr. Thomas Dimopoulos
Lecturer in Real Estate (STS)
Telephone: +357 2684 3307
Thomas Dimopoulos is a PhD candidate in Real Estate at Cyprus University of Technology. His research is focusing οn valuation and property taxation. He has more than 10 years of experience in Cyprus and abroad. He has served the profession of property valuer from several positions; from associate of international firms to chief executive officer. He is member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Technical Chamber of Greece and the Technical and Scientific Chamber of Cyprus. His research and publications are focusing on property taxation and mass appraisals with the use of geographical information systems and remote sensing.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS, Chartered Valuation Surveyor).
- Member of the Scientific and Technical Chamber of Cyprus (ETEK), Sectors of Land Valuation and Rural & Surveying Engineering.
- Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE).
- M.Sc in International Real Estate, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, U.K.
- M. Eng in Rural & Surveying Engineering, Engineering School, Aristotle University of Thessalonica, Greece
- May 2012- Founder & CEO of AXIA Chartered Surveyors ltd
- Jan 2010- Oct 2011 Chartered Valuation Surveyor at Antonis loizou & Associates, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Sept 2009- Jan 2010, Property Consultant and Valuer at APS Ltd, Nicosia & Larnaca, Cyprus
- May 2008- May2009, Greek Army
- Feb 2006- Apr 2008, Property Consultant and Valuer at APS Ltd, Nicosia & Larnaca, Cyprus
- July 2005 – Feb 2006, Assistant Property Valuer at Oikos Property Consultants, Nicosia, Cyprus
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- Prepared and presented a research study titled ‘The impact of Real Estate in Cyprus Economy’ at RICS annual conference, Nicosia, September 2012.
- Analytical presentation of the taxation system in Cyprus for the purposes of the workshop ‘Market Value-Based Taxation of Real Property: Lessons from International Experience’. March 17–21, 2014, Centre of excellence in Finanve, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Comparative Analysis of property taxation systems within Greece & Cyprus, Second International Conference on Remote Sensing and Geoinformation 2014, 7-10 April 2014, Paphos, Cyprus
- Integration of CAMA, GIS and Remote Sensing in property taxation, Second International Conference on Remote Sensing and Geoinformation 2014, 7-10 April 2014, Paphos, Cyprus
- “Analysis and mapping of the Real Estate Market of the Suburban Area of Thessalonica”
- “Parameterization and analysis of amenities in correlation with property values. Case Study: Suburbs of Thessalonica”