Dr. John Bellos
Assistant Professor of Structural Design and Construction Technology
Telephone: +357 2684 3502
Dr Bellos has a Ph.D in Structural Engineering from S.U.N.Y. at Buffalo and his research has focused on Structural Design, Structural Dynamics and Controls, Vibrations of Structures with Damping, Earthquake Response of Reinforced Concrete Buildings, Mathematical Models, Modal Analysis, Solid Mechanics, System Parameters Identification, Model Verification and Model Optimization.
Dr Bellos has several publications concerning his methods for analyzing Non-Proportionally Damped Dynamic Structures and he has participated in several International Conferences on both sides of the Atlantic. Furthermore, with over 20 years’ experience, he is an expert on the structural design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings complying with local and international Building Regulations
- 1983, BSc in Naval Architecture & Mechanical Engineering, NTU of Athens, Greece
- 1986, MSc in Mechanical Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo, New York, USA
- 1989, PhD in Structural Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo, New York, USA
- 1984-1989, Advanced Dynamics, Structural Dynamics, Engineering Material Numerical Methods, CAD/CAM, S.U.N.Y at Buffalo, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- 1986-1989, Computer Lab Instructor and Director, Mechanical Systems Lab, S.U.N.Y at Buffalo, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- 1990-2009, Director of Research and Development Department and member of the executive board of π-Systems International SA
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS / RESEARCH
- Bellos J. and Inman D.J., 1988, “Lumped Parameter Systems with Non-proportional Damping”, Proceedings of the 6th International Modal Analysis Conference.
- Bellos J. and Inman D.J., 1988, “Frequency Response of Non-proportionally Damped, Lumped Parameter, Linear Dynamic Systems”, ASME, Journal of Vibration, Acoustics, Stress, and Reliability in Design.
- Bellos J. and Inman D.J., 1989, “The Nature of Coupling in Non-Conservative Lumped Parameter Systems” AIAA, Journal of Guidance and Controls.
- Bellos J. and Inman D.J., 1989, “Distributed Parameter Structures with Non-proportional Damping”, ASME, Journal of Applied Mechanics.
- Bellos, J., 2012, “Virtual Reality as a Decision Making Tool in Construction Management”, Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Management Leadership and Governance.
- Konstantinidis, A., Bellos, J., 2012, “Earthquake Resistant Buildings made of Reinforced Concrete – Static and Dynamic Analysis According to EuroCodes”, Volume B, Alta Grafico SA.