OBJECTIVES OF THE MASTER (MSc) IN DIGITAL MARKETING
The MSc in Digital Marketing aims to promote students’ professionalism in a world where organisations and businesses face complex problems when at the same time it aims to promote students’ critical and cutting edge thinking in modern challenges and research trends of digital marketing. The field of digital marketing is rapidly evolving along with market’s need of professionals equipped with a contemporary knowledge management tool-kit. To this extent, the Master in Digital Marketing aims to equip students with tools and techniques of critical analysis and thinking to a high degree of professional standards. Furthermore, the MSc in Digital Marketing aims to advance students’ research skills towards applying them in real-life situations.
More specifically, the MSc in Digital Marketing aims, by combining both theoretical knowledge and practical approaches, to:
- guide students through the coming changes, and prepare them to be able to generate growth in a marketing landscape continually disrupted by new technology,
- provide students with a digital-focused perspective on marketing, and insight on how to use emerging digital channels in marketing strategies,
- provide students with a broad assessment in three core areas, a) marketing fundamentals, b) digital marketing methods, and c) innovation and entrepreneurship,
- equip students with analytical and research tools to undertake rigorous research and apply research projects in real-life situations,
- develop professionals to a high-degree of professional standards in the contemporary field of digital marketing.
After the completion of the Master in Digital Marketing, graduates are expected to be able to:
- PLO1: Critically evaluate and discuss concepts and theories related to the field of digital marketing.
- PLO2: Demonstrate skills of critical analysis in real-life complex problems in the sphere of digital marketing.
- PLO3: Critically assess the decisions taken by organisations and businesses towards creating digital marketing strategies.
- PLO4: Critically evaluate research in the field of digital marketing and discuss recent research trends and concepts.
- PLO5: Think analytically and apply research tools in designing and undertaking rigorous and independent research in the field of digital marketing.
- PLO6: Demonstrate advanced skills in analysing and effectively using research data, big data, and qualitative and quantitative information towards providing solutions in complex business problems.
- PLO7: Develop professionalism and critical awareness of the professional standards characterised by ethos, creativity and self-management.
- PLO8: Effectively work in groups, collaborate and build professional relationships with diverse audiences.
- PLO9: Critically evaluate and use information from a wide range of sources and effectively communicate them by using a variety of media with awareness and professional responsibility of the security issues of the digital environment.
- PLO10: Demonstrate skills in critically evaluating and applying digital and web technologies in digital marketing in real world situations.
In order to be admitted into the Master in Digital Marketing, candidates must possess a Bachelor Degree or equivalent of Departments of Economic Sciences, Business Administration and Management, Marketing, Communication and Informatics. The general admission criteria are based on the type and quality of previous studies with grade 6.5/10 or 2:1 and the suitability of the candidate for the programme of study that has been applied for.
Students are expected to have a minimum prerequisite background in Marketing. In cases of applications with inadequate Marketing background, students will have to seat on a pass/fail basis on an undergraduate class such as Principles of Marketing (BUSN104).
The Master in Digital Marketing Coordinator will be actively involved in the review of applications and his approval will be required before admitting any student into the programme.
A student who applies for the MSc in Digital Marketing should submit the following documents:
- Application form
- ID/Passport copy
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Bachelor degree and transcript
- Two reference letters
- English language certificate
TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
The Master’s teaching methodology involves a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, examinations, projects, presentations, assignments, case-study applications and independent research. In addition, it is designed to provide an academic experience going beyond that of the traditional classroom, in which the flow of information is primarily from the instructor to the student. The intention of the Master in Digital Marketing is that each participant will contribute to the education of the entire class though active participation in the learning procedure. The MSc in Digital Marketing follows a student-centered strategy based on a mix of various active learning techniques aiming to embed real-life scenarios to the Master’s core of activities and at the same time, through a research-oriented strategy, the MSc in Digital Marketing aims to equip students with applied research skills. It is essential students enrolled MSc in Digital Marketing to learn through active teaching and learning mix of techniques combining real life and research aspects towards creating professional with high degree of professional standards. To this extent, our student-centered approach is implemented through interactive tasks and formative assessments (not graded) which are scheduled and mapped at each syllabus. Moreover, the learning journey is enriched with simulation games by well-known simulation packages and the Neapolis Experiential Studying Tasks-NEST, which offers the opportunity of assignments designed in collaboration with companies based on their real-life needs.
Each course is evaluated by mid-term assignment(s) during the semester and examining at the end of the semester. In the event that a student has not attended the examination or failed to attend a fall or spring semester, he/she is entitled to take a re-test at the end of the academic year.
30% or 40% of the students’ final grade in each course corresponds to their performance in the midterm assessment and other interactive graded activities, whereas 60% or 70% – respectively to midterm assessment – corresponds to their performance in the final exams. In order to secure a passing grade in a course, students need to secure a passing grade (i.e. 50% or higher) in all assessment components.
The dissertation cannot be shorter than 13,000 words and longer than 15,000 words, including the bibliography and the abstract. After submission, the main supervisor prepares a written and reasoned report with his/her consent for public support. The defense of the dissertation is made publicly or via an electronic videoconference before a three-member committee.
International Professional Accreditation from the Digital Marketing Institute
Neapolis University Pafos announces the professional certification of the new MSc in Digital Marketing by the internationally renowned digital marketing certification body, the Digital Marketing Institution (DMI).
Graduates of the programme acquire the status of a Digital Marketing Associate, immediately after graduating and with no further cost and certification exams and they are registered for life as members of the list of DMI Certified Professionals, which currently numbers 55,000 industry professionals worldwide. Furthermore, both the students and tutors will have access to DMI’s electronic library with the ability to utilise case studies, simulation exercises, e-books and manuals.
The MSc in Digital Marketing offers in-depth and comprehensive access to the structural foundations of digital marketing, including strategy and planning, search engine optimisation, social media, digital advertising and content, website optimisation and analytics.
The certification from the Digital Marketing Institute offers the possibility of continuous new knowledge to students through the updating of available educational material by world-renowned experts in the field of Digital Marketing. Digital Marketing Certified Professionals will gain the confidence needed to create and steer a revenue-generating digital marketing strategy for companies of any size.
The University reserves its right to define the electives offered on an academic year basis