The Bachelor in Real Estate Valuation and Development is the first and also the only undergraduate programme in the field of real estate in Cyprus and Greece. The curriculum combines academic knowledge with practical experience in order to provide students with the required theoretical knowledge and skills for a successful career. The aim of the programme in Real Estate Valuation and Development is to create highly qualified professionals who will be able to play a leading role in the Real Estate industry, one of the most important sectors of the economy not only in Cyprus but also across the globe. Upon completion of the programme in Real Estate Valuation and Development, graduates will have acquired:
- Excellent knowledge of both the traditional and modern valuation methods. Each method is examined from both the theoretical and the practical perspective as it relates to the Cyprus real estate market. Students become also very well acquainted with International Valuation Standards (with emphasis on the Standards developed by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and how they apply to the local market)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the theoretical framework and methods that are used internationally for analysing scientifically local and national real estate markets, real estate portfolios and individual real estate investments
- Full understanding of the legal framework and particular laws that apply to real estate ownership and transactions in Cyprus
- The basic technical knowledge for estimating the cost, evaluating, operating and managing a real estate development
- All those analytical skills and critical thinking that are necessary qualifications for professional advancement
- Knowledge and appreciation of the rules for professional conduct and sensitivity to the needs of society
The real estate sector is one of the key sectors of the economy not only in Cyprus but also internationally. Economic globalization and the increasing volatility of the local and international economic environment require the use of human resources that has specialized training in this multifaceted field. The Programme in Real Estate Valuation and Development at the Neapolis University offers excellent training in all aspects of the real estate sector and allows the graduates of the programme to pursue career opportunities in a wide range of companies and public organizations.
Petros Sivitanides Real Estate Programme Coordinator.
“Regardless of the economic situation the real estate sector is at the heart of the buying and investment interest and according to many experts, the real estate development is the key pillar for the exit from the current recession. The Programme in Real Estate Development and Assessment gives you the opportunity to enter this unique area of real estate and guarantees excellent working conditions and a favourable remuneration.”
Thomas Demopoulos MRICS Lecturer in Real Estate