The character, goals and procedures that govern the Department are based on the following pillars:
- Education: Knowledge accumulation through teaching and research, and its wider distribution.
- Research: Maintaining high quality and excellence in research, forming constructive interconnections between research, innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as satisfying the needs and requirements of society, the labor market and the community.
- Internationalization: Extroversion and the desire to forge strong institutional links worldwide.
- Service to society and community: Identity and its everyday operation.
- Public image: Continuous contribution and service to the community.
- Infrastructure: Α series of Engineering Laboratories have been established, which are housed in an independent rectangular space of 200 m2 in the campus area, including a lecturing/presentation space with a capacity of 24 seats.
- There are four laboratories in operation:
- The Strength of Materials Laboratory
- The Earthquake Engineering Laboratory
- The Concrete Technology Laboratory
- The Land Surveying Laboratory
Furthermore, two Computer Laboratories that are equipped with all the necessary hardware and software to meet the design and computing requirements of the Department’s programmes:
- The Computer Aided Design Laboratory (CADLab)
- The Informatics Laboratory (iLab)