The Department of Computer Science of Neapolis University Pafos is pleased to announce a new strategic partnership with the Larnaca Sewerage and Drainage Board (LSBD) to apply cutting-edge technology and innovation in the management and maintenance of urban infrastructure. The collaboration between the Department of Computer Science and the Larnaca Sewerage and Drainage Board (LSDB) aims to harness the power of technology to enhance the sustainability, resilience and performance of key infrastructure.
The core mission of the Larnaca Sewerage and Drainage Board (LSDB) is to continuously improve service delivery and invest in new technology to ensure the successful completion of sewerage projects in the areas it serves and to protect the environment.
The Memorandum of Understanding includes a number of initiatives that will benefit the students and graduates of Neapolis University Pafos. Specifically:
· Student’s placement and internship positions offering students their first contact with the industry as well as practical experience, which will enrich their skills.
· Creating academic projects by the students on issues facing the Larnaca Sewerage and Drainage Board.
· Training activities for the staff of the Larnaca Sewerage and Drainage Board.
· Joint participation in European programmes and other funding schemes.
· Design of solutions/applications/proposals based on Artificial Intelligence.
· Organisation of joint lectures/meetings/seminars of scientific, social and cultural content.
The Memorandum of Understanding was signed by Professor of Artificial Intelligence Savvas Chatzichristofis, Vice Rector of Research and Innovation of Neapolis University Pafos, and Mr. Aggelos Hadjicharalampous, General Manager of the Larnaca Sewerage and Drainage Board.