- How does the mind work?
- Ever had a word “right on the tip of your tongue?”
- Do some songs make you happy, others sad?
- Has a smell ever suddenly reminded you of an event or place in your past?
Psychologists study these and other common phenomena. But, they go far beyond: They study human behaviour, both normal and atypical, and what dictates it.
In your 4-year journey in studying Psychology at Neapolis University in Cyprus you will be able to contemplate, discuss and answer issues similar to the above.
Aims of the Psychology Programme
The Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Psychology focuses on the study of individuals and groups, including their behaviours, thought processes, and emotions.
It is specifically designed to:
- help students understand the cognitive and affective processes that underlie human experience and behaviour
- acquire an in-depth understanding of fundamental psychological principles
- learn the techniques by which behaviours are evaluated and modified
- be able to apply theoretical principles to solve behavioural problems
- develop critical thinking, scientific reasoning and transferable skills such as academic writing
- apply knowledge and skills that will equip students to a wide range of professional pursuits
The general objective of the BSc in Psychology is to enhance understanding of behaviour and mental processes and to examine their connections to the fields of biology and the social sciences. This general objective is translated into specific objectives that concern the understanding of:
- scientific methodology,
- the current state of psychological knowledge, and
- the application of both methodology and knowledge to real-world problems
Why Study for a BSc in Psychology at NUP?
Located in the heart of Pafos, NUP is an institution like no other. To begin with, the educational experience at NUP, which builds upon international diversity stresses rigorous intellectual engagement, relevant career education, and social responsibility.
Of course, NUP has all that you would expect in a modern university (and some things that you might not expect):
- Well-equipped computers, library, laboratory and classroom facilities;
- A support staff of academic advisors, counselors and student service personnel to assist you with your studies;
- Technologically advanced systems including wireless internet access
- Student life that rivals any university
We value Psychological Research
One of the many benefits of being a psychology student at NUP is the unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the research lab of faculty members. The activities vary according to the type of research being conducted and the current needs of the lab. Students are encouraged to work with the faculty on research projects. Varied coursework, state-of-the-art computer labs, well-equipped lecture rooms provide Psychology students with a solid preparation for entry into the world and for career advancement.
Why the NUP BSc in Psychology Programme is right for you
We are looking for candidates who will be challenged by the academic rigour of the programme, have the desire to contribute thoughts and ideas in an interactive learning environment, and have the desire to learn. Contact us to schedule an informal meeting. It is the first step in finding out if this is the right programme for you.