The profession of civil engineering is definitely the oldest in the engineering field. The Civil Engineer specializes in design, construction, maintenance and management of technical projects and infrastructure, such as buildings, roads and bridges. It is, in fact, the science that ensures the creation, improvement and protection of both the natural and the built environment.
During the first two years of study, students of the Bachelor of Civil Engineering are introduced to the basics of engineering and taught all the necessary Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science, to acquire all the necessary infrastructure for the coming years and the most complex issues in the field of Civil Engineering. The Bachelor of Civil Engineering in Neapolis is structured in such a way that theory with practice blend harmoniously with the sole aim of the student to gain in-depth knowledge of this science.
By studying a programme in Civil Engineering the student can specialize in the following:
- Construction: Specialization engaged in the design, supervision and smooth operation of projects, such as buildings, bridges, stadiums, industrial extension of buildings and many other taking into account the seismic behavior
- Transportation projects: Geometry, road construction, operation and construction of highways, airports, ports and marinas
- Geotechnical Engineering: It deals with the foundations of buildings, construction and maintenance of tunnels, dams and roads substrates
- Hydraulic Works: Includes the design, construction and management of water supply networks, irrigation and drainage, storm water management and wastewater etc.
“Based on my long experience in the development and application of high technology in the field of engineering science, today I am deeply confident that if full integration in the construction industry has been deemed necessary, their use in the early stages of the education of future scientist’s engineers will be deemed urgent and irreplaceable.”
Dr. John Bellos- Assistant Professor of Structural Design and Construction Technology
The Programme in Civil Engineering at the Neapolis University is designed for those who want to build their future on solid foundations.
* The Bachelor of Civil Engineering is in the process of approval by the Ministry of Education and Culture.